First, let's talk about your park bag itself. We bring a North Face backpack with us. Now normally, I'm not one to promote a particular brand, but in this case, I will. Brad has had this back pack for years, all the way through undergrad and now into grad school. And, it's still in great shape! This backpack is a trooper. We really do recommend investing in a quality backpack, and North Face brand offers great, longterm choices.
1. Goldbond Powder- This is a must for the warm months, to keep feet, legs, underarms, etc from chafing under the sun. It can prevent you from turning into a puddle of sweat.
2. Fresh Extras- The extras can be undies, socks, or even a tshirt. Changing into some clean clothes after a hot afternoon can make a big difference. It's wonderful to have a clean shirt to change into before a nice dinner, or dry socks after getting splashed on Pirates of the Caribbean.
3. Deodorant- The same idea applies here. Use it to freshen up midday. Your new queue friends will thank you!
4. Ibuprofen- Any pain killer will do, really. You'll need it to help sore feet and bright-sun-induced headaches.
5. Contact Solution- Don't leave your eyes at the mercy of tap water if you need to clean your contacts or get something in your eye.
6. Tide Pen- "Wow, that Mickey ice cream bar is a great addition to your meticulously planned Magic Kingdom day outfit," said no one ever.
7. Allergy Meds- You may react differently to southern plants than you do at home, so bring medication even if it's not your "normal" allergy season.
8. Flip Flops- Obviously, you'll want flip flops to wear on Splash Mountain, but consider slipping them on for Pirates too (I've been drenched by that ride, despite it not being a "water ride"). Changing shoes for a bit can be a welcome break for feet that are otherwise cramped up in sneakers.
So there you have it, 8 things you might not have thought to pack in the park bag. Did I leave off your absolute must-have? Let me know!