With that in mind, I have a delicious fall soup for you, inspired by, what else, Cinderella's pumpkin carriage!
What You Need:
Cutting board, knife
Immersion blender (optional)
1 T butter
½ Spanish onion
2 cans of pumpkin (make sure it’s pure pumpkin puree and not pie filling!)
4 cups broth (one box)
¼ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup apple cider
Nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, pepper
1. Saute minced onion in butter, with a pinch of salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, about 3 minutes
2. Add in pumpkin and broth, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in brown sugar and apple cider. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Now, the pumpkin puree is already smooth, but if you want to smooth out the onion as well, use an immersion blender.
4. Add cream, simmer for about 5 minutes. Add spices to taste.
5. Serve with croutons or pumpkin seeds.
Didn't I tell you this soup is easy? It's the perfect light meal to cozy up with a blanket, hot cider and Netflix.
Let us know how your soup comes out!