Early fall also puts me in mind of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, because of all the apples, obviously. If Snow White is your favorite princess, and you’re thinking about how you can infuse your fall wedding with her grace and beauty, then have I got a list for you. What I like about these ideas is that they can be used individually, or all together, and none are over-the-top princess-y. Just easy ways to add some secret Disney flair to your wedding!
1. Apple Stamp: Whether it’s a rubber ink stamp, or a wax stamp, you can use an apple motif on invitations, programs, escort cards, thank you cards, and more! Apples are a cute theme to incorporate into your wedding, and only the guests in the know (i.e. the cool ones) will know it's to honor Walt Disney's first princess!
2. Apple Pies: Apple pie is delicious, sweet, and universal. You could forgo a cake for just various pies, or include mini pies on a dessert table. Of course, you could always choose gooseberry pie, that’s what Snow makes for the dwarfs in the film!
3. Centerpieces: Apples are a fresh, fun way to add color to your reception, and they’re budget friendly! Core out some apples and use them as tea light holders. Or, pile apples into a large vase or a decorative bowl, surrounded by candles. If you don’t want to use apples on your reception tables, tie a pretty red ribbon around your vases, just like the bow in Snow White’s hair.
4. Color Palette: Take inspiration from Snow White’s dress. But don’t use bright primary colors, as that invokes a child’s birthday party. Go with a sophisticated palette of dark red, navy and gold. Or, take the season into consideration and use the changing leaves as yellow and red, and a steely grey blue as a neutral.
5. Favors: Caramel apples are a classic treat your guests will love to take home!
6. Signature Drink: Hot apple cider will warm up your guests as the weather turns chilly. Serve it with whipped cream and cinnamon sticks. Add butterscotch liqueur for a grown up take. Consider having your signature drink, paired with apple cider donuts, greet your guests before the ceremony!
And because this is a Disney blog after all, I just have to share this recipe for apple cider donuts, from the Disney Family blog! The little Mickey Mouse donut is too adorable!
Here's the link for the recipe:
Do you have any unique ways to include your favorite princess into a wedding? I’d love to hear them!